DISTRICT CONSULTING ROSARIANS
Current CR List
List of Outstanding CR's
(Almost) Everything you need to know about Consulting Rosarians
As you may know, work is being done under the direction of National CR Chairs Dave & Gerry Mahoney
to make programs available online using GoToWebinar that will earn Continuing Education Credits as well as prepare CR candidates for the exam. We have completed the first session of the Online CR School,
that being Chemical Safety. It took a couple of attempts, but we got the kinks ironed out, and we should be good going forward. We urge you to take advantage of these opportunities. With the uncertainty created by COVID-19, we do not know when local societies will be able to offer CR Schools or Seminars in your
area. The program is a full CR School with the emphasis on presenting the material in the CR Manual
for the new candidates in preparation for taking the test. But, as with in-person schools, current CR’s are
welcome to attend and use the hours as credit towards their required four hours of continuing education.
Here are the highlights of the program:
ARS headquarters will send an email invitation to all current CR’s and approved CR Candidates for registration before each session.
• CR Candidates must still complete the CR Candidate form with recommendations &
ARS Membership verification before the first session.
• CR Candidates must attend all five sessions and take the CR Test Online.
• Candidates have 90 minutes to complete the test.
• The candidate will be notified of their test results online with notification to their District
• Current CR’s may register for any or all sessions.
• The CR will receive a one-hour credit for each session attended.
• The four-hour credit within four years requirement is still in effect.
• District CR Chairs will track attendance for CR’s within their district and notify ARS
headquarters when a CR has accrued four credit hours within the active four-year
period. CR’s should track their hours in their files.
• CR Credits for other approved one-hour programs count as part of the four-hour
• One-hour credits for approved & published written articles will also count according to
the requirements of the Written Articles for Credit program defined in the CR Manual.
A plan is in progress for a National CR School to be held once a year with new schools if there is a need.
We hope you will take advantage of this unique opportunity to continue educating yourself about our great hobby.
Editor’s Note: If you would like to see some or all of these sessions repeated during 2020, please contact Tom Cooney at mailto: or Dave Mahoney at mailto:
NOTE: A new version of the CR Manual is now available on the ARS website - CLICK HERE